What is blackjack?
Blackjack is one of the most popular gambling card games that can be found in almost any casino, including Casumo. You could have also heard such name variants as “21” or pontoon. There is an obvious reason why the casino game got this name. Players are trying to get a total card value of 21 or to come close enough. If the player goes over the casino dealer he plays against, he will lose. Further, we will tell you all about blackjack rules and basics you must know as a newbie, you will learn some tips, tricks and a variety of strategies that can guarantee success.
140’000 INR with first deposit
- A wide variety of games, including some specifically designed
- Easy to use app compatible with all devices
- Praesent sed semper mauris, nec eleifend nibh
100% on first deposit up to 17’700 INR
- a wide selection of all the popular casino games
- an opportunity to gamble and bet on various sports at the same time
- quick customer support with different ways of contacting
100% Bonus Up To ₹200,000
- constant bonuses
- the security of playing and transactions
- plenty of games
120% up to 20,000₹ for the 1st deposit
- intuitive and very easy to use design
- many bonuses, including no deposit, free spins and sign up
- casino supports many different payment methods from all around the world
Blackjack basic rules
We told you what the purpose of the game is before – to get a total card value of 21. Now let’s learn more about how to play blackjack game, each card, and its counting system:
- aces equal to 1 or 11 (depends on which value you need);
- a face card (J, Q, K) counts as 10;
- the rest of the cards are at their index value.
If you got a hand counting 21 on the first two cards (for example, a face card and an ace), then it is called blackjack, or the other name is natural. Doesn’t matter what the combination is.
The other rule you should know – if you got two cards of the same rank, you can split them. In this case, you will get one more card for each of them. Perhaps, you may ask how you would play with two hands? The answer might be surprising for a beginner, but you can play both hands independently!
The rule of “doubling down” shouldn’t be missed as well. In 21 blackjack you can double two cards if their total is 11 or 10, depending on the game’s specifics. How it works: the player gets a couple more cards and takes one more card facedown. If you are a lucky person, you can collect extra winnings by getting more cards and not going over 21.
Step-by-step blackjack guide
There are different variations of rules and numbers of decks, but we will talk about the most common blackjack alignment which is called a “shoe”. It has a deal out of 6 decks. However, you might play 8-decks “shoe” as it is pretty prevalent too.
The first thing you should do to start playing is to buy casino chips of course. Usually, the gambler has to pay with cash and let the cameras clearly catch this moment to avoid deception and laundering. You have to place the needed amount on the game table and then just wait. Remember that you must not hand money to the dealer. There is a strict rule in blackjack 21 – you can’t give and take anything from the dealers’ hands and vice versa.
Once your money is on the table and cameras have caught how much you bet, a big boss will come, count and verify the information. After, the dealer will count the number of chips which is equal to your deposit and push them towards you. Now it is your property, so you can place your wager or handle those chips.
Placing a wager
At the beginning of the first round, each of the players makes a bet in the betting circle or square (depends on the specifics). You will be provided with the sign of betting limits which you can find in the far right or left corner of the table. Most casinos require an inferior limit of ₹367 per hand, but these details can be different depending on the poker sites, the place you play, and so on.
Dealing of card
After players are done with their bets the dealer starts to deal cards clockwise. He gives one card face up to each player and one to himself but facedown. Then he gives the second card face up to everybody and one face up to himself. All gamblers have two cards face up and the dealer has one card face up, the other face down. Here comes the most interesting part – the real game starts!
Building up a strategy
As everybody is ready the dealer will start from the person on his left or so-called “first base”. Each person has two cards face up and has to count the total value. In the first round, you can get a number starting from 4 up to 21. If you got an ace and a face card right away that means you got a Blackjack! It seems unreal, but there are some really lucky guys out there. Those pay you 2 or 3 times your wager immediately but on one condition – if the dealer does not also have a total value of 21.
If the dealer gets a blackjack just as you do then it is called a “push”. You don’t win but it doesn’t impact your original wager.
If you both don’t get 21 then the dealer continues the game with other players while you are deciding on the next step. When it is your turn again you have to make your decision with particular signals which are included in the rules. Mediators usually don’t respond to the verbal instructions for a reason that the cameras need to see your move as well. You have 5 different option how to play your hand to increase your odds of winning:
- stand – make a signal: wave your hand or put an open palm over the felt. You can also stand and the dealer will move on to the next person. “Stand” means that you have an acceptable first two cards;
- hit – in this case, you have to tap the felt with your fingers. You can choose this option if you would like to receive more cards to come closer to blackjack. The dealer will give you one card at a time until you stand or go over 21. You can take as many cards as you want until you “bust”;
- double down – here you have to put up a wager that is equal to your original wager on the left from the last one. You can use “double down” if you have a hand close to 21 or blackjack but lack only one card. The dealer will give you an additional card sideways which indicates that you are not allowed to take extra cards anymore;
- split – if you dealt two equal cards you have an option to split them into two new hands. Bring up a second wager that is the same as the first one. Then show a “peace sign” to let the dealer know you want to split. He will make two hands from your cards and deal a second one for each you already have.
- surrender – you can use this option if you don’t like your original hand or don’t have any other variants. You can give it up and exchange it for half of your initial bet back. As a signal, you need to draw a line behind your bet like you’re cutting off a slit in the felt. Important to remember that the casino dealer can take this signal as a “hit” by mistake, so just make sure to always say the word “surrender”.
Dealers play hand
As you see, there is a great variety of options. Let me guess, now you’re thinking which move to make? Well, it depends on the dealer’s face-up card! Further, we’ll tell you about basic tactics, how to play poker and win a blackjack game.
Blackjack tips and tricks
It’s always good to learn some tricks before the game and hold them in your memory. You won’t even notice but they’ll help you at the right time. For example, it would be a good idea to use casino promotions, such as the casino welcome bonus, to have a safe start at baccarat. Here are some other important tips and tricks from us.
At first, always split 8s and aces; also Stand with your hand of 12-16 when the dealer has 2-6 – it might help not to bust and slowly archive full 21 at blackjack. Double or hit when you have aces-6; hit could also be useful when your hand is 12-16 and the dealer’s hand is 7 ace.
Second, don’t sit in the first base seat. It will give much more time to think, not to be in a rush, and make the right move. In addition, remember that it doesn’t matter what other players do. You play with the dealer “tate-a-tete”.
Lastly, don’t forget to look at the dealer’s face up card. In a good scenario it’s 7 – aces, the other way around it’s 2-6. Also, don’t try to count cards unless you’re good at this or you’ll mess up and lose.
To understand what is coming, you need to know basic tactics. It is convenient and important to know them as they were created and checked by a virtual mind which has won thousands of games. Almost all of the casino games and their variations have strategies
- Stood – a strategy, where you get a hand and don’t have to take extra cards;
- Hand – you received more cards (split, double, or hit), achieved 21, and win blackjack;
- Bust – you take more cards and go over 21 or you choose to surrender.
Do blackjack mediators cheat?
It is hard to imagine the way they could cheat. Remember that the whole game is under control and filmed on the casino’s cameras. “21” is one of the easiest games to stalk. On the other hand, what is the use for mediators to cheat if they are dealing?
Is Blackjack really beatable?
Usually, the deck in the tournaments doesn’t get shuffled after each hand which means cards that have been dealt are excluded from the deck. It impacts the probability of getting certain outcomes and that’s why casino blackjack is indeed a beatable game.
Is it advantageous to play alone?
We wouldn’t say that it’s advantageous but it’s easier to remember which cards have already been played. However, this way you might win more money much faster, especially if you use a casino bonus or other promotions in the tournaments.
Blackjack is a captivating casino game for real gamblers. Moreover, it doesn’t take too much time for a beginner to learn how to play blackjack. After the first game, you get a taste and become more professional. Indeed, it’s not so hard to follow all the blackjack rules and win this game. Don’t forget about useful tips and possible strategies. Always be one step ahead and you will increase your odds of having big winnings!